As a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner, you are constantly putting yourself at risk against bacterial growth and infection every time you step into those mats. BJJ and MMA gyms alike are prone to these bacteria to grow and multiply.
As a grappler, you should always consider maintaining the proper hygiene as much as possible. If you’ve practiced for a while, you probably know how nasty it can get in a gym setting. With all the sweat pouring out during a session and a variety of people coming in and out of the gym, it’s just a matter of time until some of that nastiness turns into a bacterial growth.
That bacterial growth can easily turn into a major skin infection! Some common infections that you might get could include Ringworm, Jock Itch, skin rashes, athlete’s foot, or staph infections.
Most gyms do take personal hygiene seriously, cleaning the mat after every class to try to prevent all that funk from growing. Unfortunately, it’s easier said than done. Have you ever rolled with someone that smelled like rotten garbage? Just about every gym has one. More than likely they are carrying all sorts of bacteria along with that stank!
In any case, gyms do try to prevent this as much as possible, but bacterial growth is still very much possible in any BJJ gym. It can grow anywhere on the BJJ mat, the showers, towels, or even your training partner. Bacteria and fungus tend to grow and multiply in moist environments – definitely a high risk in a Jiu Jitsu Gym.
To properly protect yourself from bacterial growth, it’s best practice using Antibacterial and Antifungal BJJ Soaps. The last thing you want is to get infected with some ringworm to prevent you from competing in your match! In this guide, we highlight some of our top picks for the Best Antibacterial and Antifungal BJJ Soap.
Top 5 Best Antibacterial and Antifungal BJJ Soap
When picking out the best antibacterial and antifungal BJJ soaps, how do you know which to get? There are several brands out there, is there something specific to look for? Well, as a start, something we do know is having a good Antibacterial and Antifungal Soap can definitely help you prevent ringworm and other skin infections from growing.
More natural soaps are your best bet when picking out your soap. One ingredient that you should be looking for is Tea Tree Oil. This ingredient is like magic! It works great as a natural antibacterial and antifungal agent in your BJJ Soap. Eucalyptus and Lemongrass works excellent also when it comes to Jiu Jitsu Soaps.
One thing to watch out for are those harsh soaps. Yes they do kill the bacteria, but sometimes they can really dry your skin up. It can even cause you to break out if you have sensitive skin! Here are some of our Top picks for the Best Antibacterial and Antifungal Soap to get you started on keeping those nasty bacteria at bay.
When it comes to killing off that ringworm, Defense Soap Antifungal 4oz Soap Bar is an excellent choice. It’s clinically proven, infused with some natural tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil. It’s super effective at washing away that bacteria, viruses, and fungus off your body.
If you’ve had ringworm before, you probably know how irritating it can be! It can get excruciatingly itchy and flaky. Worst of all – it takes you off the mats for weeks at a time or even a month if you don’t treat it early enough!
With the Defense Soap, they aren’t messing around. It can efficiently remove even the toughest grime, dirt, allergens, and built up oil. They work great against Ringworm, Athlete’s foot, jock itch, dandruff, dry skin, and acne.
Next time that ringworm comes along, you can wipe it away with ease with the Defense Soap! For best results, make sure to use the soap within a few hours of infection. You can also use it regularly to prevent any germs from forming.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN NATURAL TEA TREE OIL AND EUCALYPTUS OIL provide a broad spectrum of benefits effective at thoroughly washing
- PROVEN IN THE WORLD OF CONTACT SPORTS TO EFFICIENTLY REMOVE dirt, grime, gym crud, sweat, smog, allergens, grunge, and built up oils
- HIGHEST QUALITY WASH WITH SUPERIOR RINSING ACTION restores the skin's natural barrier and helps controls the production of sebum and dead skin cells
- HYPOALLERGENIC AND SAFE eucalyptus scent for sensitive skin. Triple milled for quality, consistency and longevity
- NATURAL, FREE & CLEAR with no fragrances, dyes, cosmetics, petrochemical compounds, triclosan, alcohol or sodium lauryl sulfate. A natural soap for men, women, and children.
When picking out your Jiu Jitsu Soap, you do want to have the active ingredients that battle against those nasty bacterial critters from growing on your skin. However, by doing so, you might get yourself a harsh soap that your skin can’t handle. Luckily with the Power Clean Organic Bar Soap, you won’t be having this problem.
The soap is completely organic, with non-GMO ingredients, free of parabens, sodium laurel, and other harsh chemical agents. It’s infused with a clean Tea Tree Oil extract to help fight bacterial and fungal growth, all the while promoting enhanced muscle and skin repair.
The Power Clean Bar Soap is great for fighting acne, fungus, eczema, and athlete’s foot. It’s also infused with a glycerin mix to give your skin a cool moisturized feel. This particular soap does have a nice peppermint scent. Not only does it prevent bacterial growth, it’s also keeps your skin smooth and minty fresh! It’s also offered in blood orange, lavender, lemongrass, and coffee fragrances.
- This bar is LOADED with heroic levels of peppermint essential oil and menthol for the ultimate refreshing shower experience.
- Tea Tree Oil: Great for the skin to fight acne, fungus, eczema, and athletes foot.
- Glycerin (minimum 10%) as a moisturizer for healthy skin.
- Money Back Guarantee: As part of our commitment to customer satisfaction, you can return your Power Clean soap for a full refund if you aren’t 100% satisfied.
Gold BJJ is no stranger when it comes to providing gear specifically for Jiu Jitsu practitioners and grapplers alike. From affordable Gi’s to BJJ bags to the best antibacterial and antifungal BJJ Soaps, they’ve got it all! Their Gold BJJ Submission Soap is specifically designed with the wrestler and BJJ practitioner in mind.
The soap is made from a unique blend of essential tea tree oil and essential eucalyptus oil – clinically proven to battle even the widest variety of bacteria, fungus, or virus from growing on your skin.
It’s infused with all-natural ingredients: coconut oil, rosemary extract, eucalyptus, tea tree, hemp, and shea butter. It’s only the good stuff. There are no harmful chemicals infused so it’s great even for those with even the most sensitive skin. On top of that it gives you a nice minty fresh scent as well.
The bar smells great and lathers real nice. It also taps that bacteria straight to submission!
- NATURAL PROTECTION FOR JIU JITSU AND WRESTLING 💪 Gold BJJ's Submission Soap is made from a unique blend of essential tea tree oil and essential eucalyptus oil, formulated to keep you on the mats.
- HANDMADE IN THE USA 🇺🇸 Our bar soap is hand crafted in small batches right here in the USA. Now available in 3 scents: Classic Tea Tree, Peppermint Tea Tree, and Activated Charcoal Tea Tree.
- REINFORCE YOUR NATURAL SKIN DEFENSE 🛡️ Your skin has a natural line of defense that can be broken down by soap and body wash with harsh chemicals. Sub Soap is all natural, great for sensitive skin.
- ONLY THE GOOD STUFF 🌱 Our soap is vegan, cruelty free and GMO free. Jiu Jitsu athletes and wrestlers around the world trust Submission Soap to keep them training hard and smelling great.
- NOW AVAILABLE IN A BODY WASH 🚿 Prefer a body wash shower gel? Sub Soap is now available in a liquid version. To find it on Amazon, just search: Gold BJJ Body Wash
The Natural Riches Tea Tree Oil Body Wash is an excellent choice and one of the best Jiu Jitsu soap available today. It’s super effective against athlete’s foot, jock itch, body acne, and ring worm.
The body soap acts real well as an antibacterial, antifungal, and an anti-body odor. It contains a nice blend of essential oils, with a powerful combination of all-natural antiseptics and antimicrobial oils.
Natural Riches body wash soap really hydrates your skin real nicely. It’s infused with Tea Tree, Jojoba, Rosemary, Coconut, Eucalyptus, Aloe, and Peppermint. This body wash is specifically formulated to battle even the toughest grime and bacteria that you can’t shake off with regular bath soaps.
The product promotes rapid healing – even fungal infections, dry skin, burns, bumps, and bug bites stand no chance!
- Tea Tree Oil Body Wash: Enriched With Potent Combination of Tea tree, Jojoba, Coconut, Rosemary, Olive, Oregano, Peppermint, Aloe and Eucalyptus Oils. Contains vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D, and E. Soothes and calms itchy & irritated skin.
- A Calming Body Soap: Helps fight against harmful environmental factors. Tea tree oil for skin helps with nail problems, body acne, body odor, & skin irritation. A calming foot soak, suitable for daily use.
- Tea Tree Oil Body & Foot Wash: A rich foaming action body wash for women & men. It contains a powerful blend of essential oils to help calm itching, dryness, & excessive odor, helping with common skin problems such as toenail & yeast issues.
- Tea Tree Oil Moisturizing shower gel: Suitable for athletes & outdoor enthusiasts. Helps calm & hydrate damaged skin leaving it feeling clean & refreshed. Women's & Men body wash with no preservatives, thickeners, or detergents. A Natural bodywash.
- Safety Warning: For external use only. keep out of the reach of children. Ensure any makeup or other cosmetic products have been removed prior to application. Product coming into contact with eyes can cause discomfort. Rub a very small diluted amount on the inside of your elbow area to test for any allergic reaction before use. Discontinue use if any allergic reaction occurs.
Solpri Shield Antifungal Lemongrass Eucalyptus Bar Soap is one of the best antibacterial and antifungal BJJ soaps out there. It’s great for washing away nasty fungus and bacteria you get at the gym.
There’s a reason why athletes in MMA, BJJ, Wrestling, Karate, and Football all like the Solpri Shield brand. It’s super effective! It makes a surprisingly good antifungal cleanser and works very well at hydrating your skin.
It has 5 essential oil blend to effectively disinfect your body after a grueling workout. The soap is infused with lemongrass, tea tree extract, eucalyptus, orange, and lime oil. Lemongrass is said to be arguably even better than tea tree oil to protect against the common ringworm and other skin infections. With Solpri’s soap, its equipped with both ingredients – say goodbye to that ringworm!
- Help Wash Away Fungus and Bacteria from the Gym: Lemongrass has been shown to be even more effective than tea tree oil in protecting against common causes of jock's itch, athlete's foot, ringworm and more.
- 5 Essential Oil Blend: Lemongrass, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Orange and Lime oil make up a team with a broad range of benefits to effectively clean you after your workout.
- Free of Triclosan, Triclocarban, Sulphates, Parabens, Detergents, Dyes, and Fragrances.
- Protects Athletes of Many Varieties: Mixed Martial Arts, Self Defense, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Karate, Wrestling, Football, Powerlifters, Yoga, Rugby and more.
- Made in USA : Cold Process Soap Produced in the Pacific Northwest
Having a good antibacterial and antifungal BJJ soap is a must if you plan on training BJJ. When you are constantly training on the mats, you risk yourself getting a bacterial infection. You can get a bad rash, a jock itch, or ringworm if you aren’t careful. Sometimes even worse – you can even get a staph infection!
It’s important to always maintain the proper hygiene when you train in any contact or grappling sport. Even if your gym might have sanitary practices, sometimes bacteria still finds it way in. It’s probably best to take matters in your own hands and practice some good hygiene.
Take proper preventative measures and get yourself a good set of BJJ soap! We’ve highlighted some of the Best Antibacterial and Antifungal Jiu Jitsu Soap brands in the market. Take your pick and get started on getting the proper hygiene before you get rolling on the mats!